Thursday 15 November 2018

The Raleigh 400 Calendar







Readers of this blog will have noticed what must be hundreds of links to the Raleigh 400 Calendar of Events in 2018.

Some time ago I felt that my Raleigh 400 blog was getting a bit out of hand, and the Calendar  was a way of reining myself in. The idea is that one can scroll through it fairly rapidly, date by date, enjoying the photos.

For those who want to read more detailed background, and who have the time, there are plenty of links to more photos or text.

At Tuesday 29 October, for example, the anniversary of Sir Walter’s death, I have posted the thoughts of my American cyber-friend Joshua Allen, lighting director of The Lost Colony outdoor drama on Roanoke Island. You will also find a link to the show’s website.

Perhaps the best thing about all this is that I stop – or slow down anyway – on 31 December 2018. Do take a look if you haven’t already.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Raleigh the Peacemaker (1586)

  A copy, in All Saints' Church East Budleigh, of one of the best known portraits of Sir Walter formerly attributed to Zuccaro but now...