Tuesday 25 September 2018

Our Great Elizabethan in Exmouth – yet more of my illustrated talks










On six occasions so far this year I’ve been given the chance to air my views about our local hero, and on Monday 1 October it will be the turn of members of the Exmouth Historical and Archaeological Society to hear what I have to say.

And, of course, anyone else who wants to come along.  Visitors are welcome at all meetings – entrance £2.00.The talk, illustrated with loads of slides, will start at 7.30 pm in the Glenorchy Church Hall on Exeter Road, Exmouth.

Sorry to disappoint, but I won’t be in costume. My Raleigh outfit is quite heavy and I can get overheated. But I thought the photo of me by Exmouth photographer Christine Chittock was so arresting that I put it on my Facebook page. 

If you can’t make the talk on 1 October I’ll be speaking again at the same venue on Wednesday 17 October at 2.30 pm, but to members of the Raleigh Centre, National Trust.

Websites for the two above societies are at


No comments:

Post a Comment

Raleigh the Peacemaker (1586)

  A copy, in All Saints' Church East Budleigh, of one of the best known portraits of Sir Walter formerly attributed to Zuccaro but now...